PS: These are a guideline, feel free to remove anything you do not like and add as many vegetables as you want, just cut them in equal width so they cook together and faster!
- Onions ( 3 medium or 4 small or 2 large, what ever you have available)
- ginger or garlic or both ( as much or as little as you want)
- Chill oil ( as much or as little as you want)
- Soya (soy) sauce
- oyster sauce (optional)
- oil ( i use vegetable)
- salt ( i put a pinch, but optional for health reasons)
- peppers ( green or red or yellow, your choice)
- meat ( chicken or pork, or lamb, beef ) i prefer chicken/pork as it is lean and high in protein
- wok or a pot ( one for meat one for noodles)
1) As usual heat up your wok/ pot to high with a drop of oil, once you can see steam coming of the pot lower it down so you do not get burnt. Chop up your onions in thin slices and add to the pot.
2) while your onions are getting brown ( this will happen fast so watch out, keep mixing now and again to make sure they do not burn) you can chop your garlic/ginger your choice and add them in once your onions are translucent.
3) once your onions are brown, put them on low heat while you cut your peppers ( you can cut your peppers in advance) .
4) Next add in your peppers to the pot and put the gas back on high heat, and please watch them so they do not burn PS my onions in this picture are light brown because i added mine early, but you should brown them as above is shown, it adds more flavor!
5) while you wait for your peppers to cook, chop up your meat, once your peppers have become softer add in the meat, chop them in thin slices so they cook evenly and faster. keep on high heat
6) While your waiting for your meat to cook, you can add your noodles into a pot of boiling water to soften.
7) Once your meat has got some color (brown and cooked) , add in your salt, pepper, chili,oyster sauce ( 1 tea spoon), soya sauce ( 2 table spoons, or a few splashes ) and noodles Taste if you need more and your done, Enjoy